Policy Forms and Documents
In accordance with the England Athletics Framework for Club Welfare, the club has formally adopted the following EA/UKA policies and procedures:
- Club Code of Conduct
- Athletes Code of Conduct
- Coaches Code of Conduct
- Parents Code of Conduct
- Club Discipline Process
- Reporting Safeguarding Concerns
- Reporting Serious Misconduct
- Safeguarding Code of Conduct
- Complaints Procedure
- Whistleblowing Flowchart
- Safeguarding Policy Adults
- Safeguarding Policy Children
- Child Protection Referrral form
- Child Protection Referrral Addtional Information
- Coaching Application Form
- Volunteers Self Declaration
- Risk Assessment Guidance
- Risk Assessment Template
Club Welfare Officers
Club Welfare Officers are Helen Dean (07956 545391 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and Keith Akerman (07736 015415 or email@example.com). Helen is a junior Leader and Keith is a senior coach and Club Head Coach. Both are competitive runners themselves and have been members of the club for several years. In accordance with UKA guidance, both are -
- DBS cleared by UK Athletics
- Registered as CWO's on the Athletics Portal
- Have completed the online 'Safeguarding in Athletics Course'
- Have completed a Time to Listen course
Helen and Keith are also DBS checkers for the club and will ensure that all volunteers' DBS's and qualifications are current. In addition, both administer the recruitment of volunteers process, ensuring that in each case the following is adhered to -
- Leaders/coaches application form completed, giving reasons for the application, plus details of two referees
- References will be taken up
- Applicant will be interviewed in order to assess suitability, genuine commitment etc.
- If successful, the applicant will attend the appropriate EA leading/coaching course, complete the on-line Safeguarding module, be DBS cleared and should also familiarise themselves with the various relevant club safe-guarding policies and procedures.
Please do not hesitate to contact either Helen or Keith for help, advice or guidance.